A Guy Ate a Ghost Pepper and Ended Up With an Actual Hole in His Throat :/
The ghost pepper is one of the hottest peppers in the world, and isn’t for the faint of heart… or throat, as one 47-year-old-man discovered when a pureed form of the super spicy veggie kinda burned a one-inch hole in his esophagus.
According to the Washington Post, the unidentified American man ate a burger smothered in a sauce made from ghost peppers, which FYI are 400 TIMES hotter than you regular ol’ Tabasco sauce. After eating the burger and trying to stifle the heat with six glasses of cold water, the man started vomiting and writhing in pain, and was rushed to the hospital. There, doctors found that he was vomiting so powerfully, he tore a hole in his esophagus. This poor man then had to spend the next 23 days in the hospital. Luckily, the doctors were able to repair his throat and he was eventually discharged with a gastric tube. It’s safe to say he’ll never ask for hot sauce again. 🙁
Moral of the story: Stay away from spicy food challenges and don’t try to prove your manliness/coolness by eating things that make your body want to escape from itself! #JustSayNo. And if you do have to find relief from a hot pepper, try milk instead of water!
What’s the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten/been dared to try? Did you have a horrific reaction to it? Let us know on Twitter @Smosh!